I had a brief and alarming thought this week that I’m not sure if my daughter could survive in the outside world without me (or other adult help). Let me quantify this. What I mean is that in just over a year there is a very likely possibility that she will leave home to go to university or similar and I wonder if she is ready.
A chat with a close friend recently has revealed some of the above. Listed below in no particular order are my irritations of the micro kind.
- The word ‘helmet‘. You are wearing a cycling hat – please don’t say helmet.
- ‘Bell-end’ – let’s just to with ‘end’ or ‘tip’
- ‘Alrighty‘ – just ‘alright’ is fine no need to add a bloody ‘y’
- Steering over-compensators – when you are turning right, unless you are driving an articulated lorry THERE IS NO NEED TO SWING OUT LEFT
- Putting two questions into one sentence that ask exactly the same thing e.g., Have you emptied the dishwasher have you? STRIKE
- Jeff Stelling – a surefire way to raise my blood pressure and not in a good way. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SHOUTING
- Crumbs – underfoot is the worst but equally the crumb-spatter which appears to be invisible to others following toast buttering. ARE YOU BLIND?
- Passive-aggression – ok that may fall into the ‘major’ category
- Hot dog sausages – they aren’t even a thing
- White pepper – why bother?
- Slip-on Sketchers – M or F equally vile.
- Scampi – not a real thing eat something proper
- Spitting in the street. Properly disgusting.
- Driving under the speed limit (or generally over-cautiously)
- “As far as I am aware” stop covering your ass and FIND OUT
- Starting a sentence with “At the end of the day“
- Not knowing the difference between they’re, there and their but even worse is….
- Too and to
- And don’t even get me started on ‘EXPRESSO”
Going for a lie-down
At this point in 2018 I have:
You know how some days everything just goes right? You catch every green light, your hair goes right first time, you get that text you’ve been waiting for before you really realise you were waiting, all of your clothes look RIGHT, yeah all of that. And then other days nothing goes right? What IS that? Is it an alignment of the planets? Good karma? Believing in your dreams? It’s a bitch of a day when none of this goes right that can really bring you down.
I had never considered Italy as a holiday option until 2016. Granted I had spent a brief second honeymoon in Milan but had swiftly glossed over the rest of the country for some bizarre reason.
After a long hot day who doesn’t love to enjoy something cool, fizzy and refreshing to kick off the evening? I’ve been a fan of gin since my early 20’s when choices were limited and accompaniments traditionally amounted to Schwepps tonic, ice and perhaps lemon if you were out out. Continue reading “For the love of Gin…… give the tonic snobbery a rest”
I am often bewildered and a teeny bit scared by how easy it is to misconstrue things when communicating via electronic media. I’ve both done it and been on the receiving end of it and it’s a minefield!