A chat with a close friend recently has revealed some of the above. Listed below in no particular order are my irritations of the micro kind.
- The word ‘helmet‘. You are wearing a cycling hat – please don’t say helmet.
- ‘Bell-end’ – let’s just to with ‘end’ or ‘tip’
- ‘Alrighty‘ – just ‘alright’ is fine no need to add a bloody ‘y’
- Steering over-compensators – when you are turning right, unless you are driving an articulated lorry THERE IS NO NEED TO SWING OUT LEFT
- Putting two questions into one sentence that ask exactly the same thing e.g., Have you emptied the dishwasher have you? STRIKE
- Jeff Stelling – a surefire way to raise my blood pressure and not in a good way. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SHOUTING
- Crumbs – underfoot is the worst but equally the crumb-spatter which appears to be invisible to others following toast buttering. ARE YOU BLIND?
- Passive-aggression – ok that may fall into the ‘major’ category
- Hot dog sausages – they aren’t even a thing
- White pepper – why bother?
- Slip-on Sketchers – M or F equally vile.
- Scampi – not a real thing eat something proper
- Spitting in the street. Properly disgusting.
- Driving under the speed limit (or generally over-cautiously)
- “As far as I am aware” stop covering your ass and FIND OUT
- Starting a sentence with “At the end of the day“
- Not knowing the difference between they’re, there and their but even worse is….
- Too and to
- And don’t even get me started on ‘EXPRESSO”
Going for a lie-down
So by this point in the dive towards 50 I had expected to be two stone lighter, have been to Ibiza with one friend, Newquay with another and to Spain with the nipper. I have done NONE of it. Am I beating myself up about it? No, absolutely not.
Continue reading “Bearing down on 50”
You know how some days everything just goes right? You catch every green light, your hair goes right first time, you get that text you’ve been waiting for before you really realise you were waiting, all of your clothes look RIGHT, yeah all of that. And then other days nothing goes right? What IS that? Is it an alignment of the planets? Good karma? Believing in your dreams? It’s a bitch of a day when none of this goes right that can really bring you down.
Continue reading “The Secret – anything is possible”
I am often bewildered and a teeny bit scared by how easy it is to misconstrue things when communicating via electronic media. I’ve both done it and been on the receiving end of it and it’s a minefield!
Continue reading “Misconstruing things…..”
It’s a standing joke at work. A colleague was going to start writing a diary of her dating exploits this year. It hasn’t happened but frequently at the end of a day someone will pipe up with ‘Dear Diary… what a day….’. It’s all a bit Victorian, pure and innocent. Continue reading “Dear diary…..”
I’m two blogs in so really I’ve only got my toes wet, and eager for feedback I’ve been asking those whose opinions matter to me to have a read of what I’ve put on here already and give me feedback. Continue reading “Exposure or expression? It’s all semantics.”
In 253 days I reach a HUGE milestone birthday……. 50. This doesn’t fill me with as much dread as those of you not in such close proximity will imagine. Continue reading “It’s all about the countdown “