For those reading this that don’t follow my social media offerings, I have recently returned from a short break on the beautiful Balearic island of Majorca where my daughter and I spent 5 days actively doing nothing. Continue reading “On doing nothing”
A chat with a close friend recently has revealed some of the above. Listed below in no particular order are my irritations of the micro kind.
- The word ‘helmet‘. You are wearing a cycling hat – please don’t say helmet.
- ‘Bell-end’ – let’s just to with ‘end’ or ‘tip’
- ‘Alrighty‘ – just ‘alright’ is fine no need to add a bloody ‘y’
- Steering over-compensators – when you are turning right, unless you are driving an articulated lorry THERE IS NO NEED TO SWING OUT LEFT
- Putting two questions into one sentence that ask exactly the same thing e.g., Have you emptied the dishwasher have you? STRIKE
- Jeff Stelling – a surefire way to raise my blood pressure and not in a good way. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SHOUTING
- Crumbs – underfoot is the worst but equally the crumb-spatter which appears to be invisible to others following toast buttering. ARE YOU BLIND?
- Passive-aggression – ok that may fall into the ‘major’ category
- Hot dog sausages – they aren’t even a thing
- White pepper – why bother?
- Slip-on Sketchers – M or F equally vile.
- Scampi – not a real thing eat something proper
- Spitting in the street. Properly disgusting.
- Driving under the speed limit (or generally over-cautiously)
- “As far as I am aware” stop covering your ass and FIND OUT
- Starting a sentence with “At the end of the day“
- Not knowing the difference between they’re, there and their but even worse is….
- Too and to
- And don’t even get me started on ‘EXPRESSO”
Going for a lie-down
I am often bewildered and a teeny bit scared by how easy it is to misconstrue things when communicating via electronic media. I’ve both done it and been on the receiving end of it and it’s a minefield!
I’ll start by saying that up until 2009 I had experienced no desire whatsoever to travel to the United States of America. I had mistakenly assumed that as it’s population looked largely like us and spoke the same language I felt it didn’t really offer a culturally different experience. Continue reading “With love …. FOR the USA (and more specifically Arizona)”
It’s a standing joke at work. A colleague was going to start writing a diary of her dating exploits this year. It hasn’t happened but frequently at the end of a day someone will pipe up with ‘Dear Diary… what a day….’. It’s all a bit Victorian, pure and innocent. Continue reading “Dear diary…..”
I’m two blogs in so really I’ve only got my toes wet, and eager for feedback I’ve been asking those whose opinions matter to me to have a read of what I’ve put on here already and give me feedback. Continue reading “Exposure or expression? It’s all semantics.”